The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) program has developed a comprehensive resource detailing individual state-based laws and regulations regarding hearing screening. This online resource utilizes a question-and-answer format and provides links to information including the following:
- Laws / regulations in states regarding hearing screening
- Current hearing screening guidelines in each state
- Whether or not the state utilizes the AAP Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Guidelines for Pediatric Medical Homes
- Screening results reporting requirements for pediatricians in each state
- Oversight for the state EHDI program
If you have any questions or would like more information on the EHDI program in your state, including contact information for your AAP EHDI Chapter Champion, contact AAP EHDI Program staff, Sarah Nau.